Look at that creamy deliciousness. Excuse me, my face needs to be in this. BRB.
Butternut Squash Soup
Author: Garlic Hussy
Recipe type: Entree
This soup is perfect for rainy, drizzly days. Pajamas and house slippers recommended, but not required.
- 1 large container of chopped butternut squash (about 2 lbs)
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 T. of fresh rosemary
- 1 T. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can light coconut milk
- Parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Plain yogurt or sour cream (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place butternut squash on a baking sheet with sides, lined with a silpat mat.
- Bake for about 45 minutes - until tender.
- Heat a large stockpot on medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add squash and stir.
- Add spices. Cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer for 8 minutes.
- With an immersion blender, puree the soup until totally combined.
- Add light coconut milk. Taste and adjust spices as needed.
- If desired, drizzle yogurt or sour cream (use dairy free versions to keep it vegan) and add parsley.
- Serve hot & enjoy!
Serving size: ¼ recipes Calories: 247 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 6g Unsaturated fat: 3 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 38g Sugar: 10g Sodium: 399mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg